Friday, August 6, 2010

For the love of stamps and LTC's

I am joining the world of LTC's; letterboxer trading cards. I joined my first few trades, and am excited to get started. I had a few people send me samples (very exciting) and I was questioned by my mom (who is considering getting into letterboxing) as to why I want to collect them. In her eyes it's just more stuff for me to pack, and to store.

Then she saw the cards. She has seen my logbook, and has marveled of the wonderful stamps I have found, and that I have carved. I told her that this was a way to see the art of people that I would never get to find their boxes. Now I'm not saying I'll never make it to the east coast or the midwest, but I can't go around finding all the boxes planted by everyone and this gives me a chance to see more.

She then shared an interesting fact about me that I had forgotten. I have always had a love of stamps. As a child, I had collections of stamps and stickers (as a teacher I still love stickers!) and would trade with other people to get different ones that I didn't had. When I was going through the childhood boxes that were dumped at my house, I found some of those old stamps. Three of which were old My Little Pony stamps, which is fun because I had just joined the My Little Pony exchange. I'll share my cards once the date has passed to send them out, but I just had to add one of the 80's stamps to the card somewhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment