Sunday, January 30, 2011

Planning a Luau

In November the idea was brought up to host a Napa event. I went with a luau, it would be easy to carve themed stamps and as this is my first event so I wanted to keep it simple.

I still have about 2 months till the event. I encouraged others to carve to get different styles and ideas, and people have been wonderful! I have four boxes people sent me that waiting to be planted, and more on the way. I finished carving my first stamp for the event, and got a guest book. I'm afraid I'll miss meeting someone and exchanging. :) There are people adding table top and HIPS event boxes, and every time I get a notice my excitement grows and grows.

With the change of venue I had to set a limit. There is no way we could get fifty people to sign up for a little event in Napa. Well I was half right, the list is up to fifty three, and there are at least two others that told me they were coming and never RSVP'd.

Two months are going to fly by, and the Spring Luau will be here in no time. I hope that I have time to get all the other stamps I have planned done and that it turns out better than expected. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment